Monday 21 May 2012

Rainbow Lady's Challenge - Let's get Inky

I am trying to do some journalling of everyday things on a regular basis and I was pretty inky when I finished this one. We had a pair of robins nesting in the garden, they were feeding their brood when one flew into the green house and hurt their wing. I rescued it but it died and the other of the pair flew off. I found this rather sad so made a page using the cover of the poem "Who killed Cock Robin". The background is a number of distress inks over stamped with the tree and the birds and some feathers. I added a painted  button, a tree cut out and two eggs for added dimension. The colours are not quite true, blame my poor photography skills.
Jen x

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of art journalling! Fabulous page. Love the tree stamp and the eggs.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page Jen - a pity is was inspired by such a sad event. At least the memory of that little robin will live on in this lovely artwork.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Rainbow Lady's Inky challenge.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, what a sad story about the robins. They don't nest in our area but pass through in the earliest spring. The early bird, as they say.
    I also had a look at your postcard below and it is a great story too. Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a shame about the poor little robin but its certainly inspired some beautiful journalling Jen. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's challenge this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete