Friday 19 October 2012

On Our Travels With Darcy's Postcard Challenge - Russia

When I think of Russia I think of Winter, War and Peace and Dr. Zhivago to blame I guess. Also I have a friend who grew up in Siberia and she was telling me how overnight the snow would almost bury their little house and they would make a sloping  tunnel from the front door which was way under the snow to the outside. This is how she would then get out to school all winter. So I have used the lovely image of Moscow when it is snowing from the Snowman Movie. I added some white edging. My page also shows one of Russia's beautiful churches in the snow. The pocket is from a cover of Vogue showing a take on Russian dolls which they did for a 10th anniversary of Matryoshka dolls.
Do take a look at the postcards from our fellow travelers here.
Jen x

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful images - very definitely Dr Zhivago! It is a place I would love to visit. Beautiful postcard and travel page. Just about to get into the horsedrawn troika and gallop off into the snow to meet up with Omar Sharif!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Janet ^ <3

    love the colors, very elegant all glistening

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous postcard, Jen!!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful postcard. and another great travel page.. love all the colours you have used..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, beautiful image, looks really romantic in the snow! M

    ReplyDelete
  6. The themes for Russia, it was so hard to decide, like your interpretation. Cheers

    ReplyDelete