Thursday 6 January 2011

Rainbow Lady's Challenge # 134 It's All New To Me

The first challenge of the New Year on Rainbow Lady's blog is It's All New to Me. This is my new dress stamp from Stamps Happen and I have used some techniques that are new for me to use on a card. The card background is another Stamps Happen stamp which I stamped onto an old dressmaking pattern and applied to a base card using Golden soft gel, gloss. I then distressed it with Weathered Wood and Antique Linen. I added lace and card candy and stapled three pieces of ribbon to the card. Using, for the first time, my TSV from Memory Keepers I added a row of stitching. The topper was stamped on a piece of Artylicous paper and on some blue embossed card. I cut out the dress and applied it to the stamped image. I enjoyed doing this though am a bit nervous about showing it as a member of a design team. Hope you will join us this week.



Thanks for looking, any comments you leave are much appreciated.

8 comments:

  1. Nervous? You have talent in spadefuls! Love all the textures and layers here, especially the background. I wish I was that thin! A wonderful debut DT creation.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've nothing to feel nervous about Jen - this card is gorgeous. Your dress stamp is fabulous - just wish I could fit into something like that.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. O wow this is lovely, love the distressing and the antique look of your card, it's fantastic. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. O to fit in a frock like that!!!! Love the card Jen Hugs Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful piece of art, Jen. I just adore your new dress stamp. It's wonderful. I can think of all sorts of ways to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant what you show us here with new stamp, new technique...absolutely cool!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh Jen you don't need to be nervous of showing this, it's fantastic, love the use of all your products and your finished design, well done, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cor!! Jen, I LOVE everything about this card and that beautiful dress stamp looks wonderful on the gorgeous paper. An excellent design
    x

    ReplyDelete