Friday 27 July 2012

On Our travels With Darcy's Postcard Challenge - India

I have chosen to depict the art of Mehandi on my postcard. This is the application of Henna as a decoration to the hands and sometimes the feet. It is used in India for special occasions such as a wedding or a Muslim or Hindu festival.  The stamps are from the company "Avec" and the background is coloured using Pan Pastels.The postcard back sees the three friends finally travelling together.
My page pays tribute to Mahatma Gandhi and the pocket shows  dancing in India.
Jen x


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. My husband wondered why I didn't do Henna Hands...it was because you were doing Henna Hands

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the henna hands, I was sure someone would do them....Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very nearly did Henna Hands! I had a penfriend, years ago who was getting married and sent me pictures of his wedding, his new wife had hennaed hands and feet. Lovely colours. Love Ghandi, he came to visit the India Mill in Darwen, Lancs where my parents lived.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you expect me to resist getting more tattoos when you show me fabulous images like these :S So glad they all finally got to travel together :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. great hands. lovely postcard. and a very good storyline....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the Mehndi designs, its something I would dearly love to have done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great idea representative of India! Love seeing how everyone picks such a different subject each week for the country!

    ReplyDelete