Wednesday 27 October 2010

The CD Sunday Challenge - No Embellishments


My rather lopsided Japanese lady (my poor photography skills actually rather than the card, I had a new camera for my birthday and I am still learning,) is from Joanna Sheen's Oriental Dreams. I have not looked at this Cd for a long time as also have her more recent one, Tales of The Orient. There are some lovely images on it that I had forgotten about including this elegant Geisha. I mounted the topper on black card then dull gold card. The background paper I edged with the Martha Stewart lattice punch and glued flat on a black card blank. What no embellishments!

Thanks for taking a look, any comments you leave will be much appreciated.

9 comments:

  1. Jen this is lovely, I have this cd and haven't used it in ages. I really like black cards and with this over the top it is so stylish.
    Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday again this week.

    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Jen, it doesn't need any embellies. Must dig my copy out as like Jenny I haven't used it for ages.
    Thanks for joining in with us again this week over on CD Sunday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny - a lovely card. The black background gives it such a classic oriental look. I also have both those CD's and haven't looked at either for ages.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, this is a lovely CD - probably the best. Your card is very elegant and the colours are beautiful. Happy new camera!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card I love the punched edge. Thanks for sharing at CD Sunday.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about not using cd's we've had for ages. Perhaps there should be a challenge just for forgotton cd's. Love the way you've punched the bp. Very effective against the black base card.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful - love Oriental. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, it doesn't need anything extra. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the card. And this CD of Joanna's is one of my all time favourites. And I'm another one who hasn't used it for ages. I, too, love the border. TFS
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete