Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Pressed Flowers : I decided to have a go at pressing flowers in the Wizard as shown in the demo by Sue on C&C, I tried a few different flowers. The results were best using red geraniums, Alchemilla Mollis and Feverfew. I tried daisies but they did not come out so well. More experiments required.

The background to this card is a red geranium pressed onto cream card. The card was coloured using Distress inks Victorian Velvet and Bundled sage. The flower head was stamped using Victorian Velvet and then with Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder. A ribbon was added and a sentiment, mounted on a nesties scalloped circle die cut.

The second card was a spray of alchemilla mollis, also pressed onto cream card. The card was again coloured with Distress inks, this time using Peeled Paint and Rusty Hinge. A ribbon was added and a sentiment, stamped from Elusive images Tall Trees stamp sheet.

Posted by Picasa


  1. These are lovely Jen! I never saw the program so this is my first introduction to flower pressing. So unusual and a great result.
    Photos are super!

    Janet xx

  2. Great start to the blog Jen! Lovely projects too. Welcome to blogland :o)
    Ann x

  3. Super start to your blog Jen and gorgeous cards following Sue's techniques. I tried with Sweet Peas, French Marigold & Alstermeria but they dont look as good as yours.
    Welcome to blogland, you will get hooked in no time at all.

    Christine xx