Friday 1 June 2012

On Our Travels with Darcy's Postcard Challenge - Thailand

I based my postcard this week on these two views of Pattaya. For my card background I used Pan Pastels and stamped in Stazon with a selection of stamps from Stampscapes Inc. I was suprised to learn that the King is the longest serving monarch in the world, coming to the thorn in 1946. The stamp I used was issued to celebrate his 50yrs on the throne.
For my page I used a background of Thai silk, gorgeous stuff, back in the day I once ordered some and made myself some underwear. I loved the straw hats that I used to create my pocket.
Such a colourful country to visit this week. Do take a look at the postcatds of the fellow travellers here. Jen x

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love your page too. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card makes me want to jump in a plane and look at that sunset in person... Great card!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the colours! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colors, Jen...striking...and beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous postcard, Jen. Lovely sunset colours and a gorgeous travel page. Shall be go then?

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a great looking sun set there

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooo silk underwear, how lovely..

    Great card, I really love the blended colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great colours, and card. and a lovely page to,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and pocket, your colours are so gorgeous! M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous postcard! Love the sunset colors and landscape silhouette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen sorry my last message would not enter correctly- Anyways I LOVE how you postcard turned out - The sunsets in Thailand are gorgeous (from what I have seem) - Love the colorful page too!

      Delete