Friday 15 June 2012

On Our travels with Darcy's Postcard Challenge - Italy

Have been to Italy but not to Venice so as a substitute I chose Venice for my postcard. The stamp is form Dark Room Door and I coloured the image with Pan Pastels. I masked it and over stamped with a map from Impression Obsession which I embossed with gold embossing powder. The word is a rub on. My page is a collection of images from Crafty Individuals layered on papers from Artylicious.  The Rome paper is from I don't remember where, it is a lovely dull gold but this does not show up well on the photo.  Do take a look at the work of my wonderfully talented  fellow travelers here.
Jen x

12 comments:

  1. Love the Venice scene, Jen. The embossed map really showcases the boats. Lovely papers on your book page.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful image Jen. I love the hand coloured photo...and the perfect destination for star crossed lovers :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Venice card...I love the embossing...it adds so much! You've inspired me! I'm sad that the lovers are apart, though...not enjoying the romance that IS Venice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comment on my card, much appreciated.

    I stayed to have a lookie around, WOW you have really special projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo that is such a lovely image, very romantic and peaceful. Shame they aren't together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, Venice is certainly worth seeing! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Venice card, the stamp really captures the age and romance of the city, fab! M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen I love how this card turned out ! Don't you love Dark Room Door images? So photographic- Thanks for sharing all the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beutiful postcard...it certainly captures the romance of italy..

    ReplyDelete