Friday 8 June 2012

On Our Travels with Darcy's Postcard Challenge - Poland

One of my all time favourite composers is Chopin. I love his Nocturns, especially as played by Vladimir Ahskenazy.  So he was an obvious choice for my postcard from Poland as that is where he was born. The card consists of Chopin's portrait called golden Chopin by Saltyshadow, here, a copy of his signature and a quote from him. My page a map with a picture of Warminski castle and The Narewka in the Bialowieza Forest.
The pocket is the capital Warsaw.

12 comments:

  1. Love the postcard lady :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful postcard of young Chopin - great picture of him. Lovely book page and pocket.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your postcard Jen! It's wonderful!!!

    HUgs,
    abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your choice of images this week, fab card and really interesting page, so wonderfully put together! M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! I heard a wonderful Chopin concert on the radio last night, just beautiful! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Looks just like a store-bought card.
    Maybe Hallmark Poland has interest??? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. a really lovely card. love the colours so soft looking. also great minds etc.. I have done Chopin to but a different take...a great card...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea someone else capture the Chopin connection to Poland=Love how the card turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Jen. Will have to try some of those Nocturns(I have a very eclectic taste in music :D CCC

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had thought about Chopin (or rather, "some composer from Poland", but couldn't remember that it WAS Chopin!!! I like your postcard a lot!

    ReplyDelete