Friday 29 June 2012

On Our Travels with Darcy's Postcard Challenge - United States of America

As a person who would love to go into space and stayed up all night to watch the landing on the moon, even though I had to be at work at 6 a.m. the next morning, I just had to do the moon shot for my postcard. The girls and I had a memorable visit to the space centre in Washington in the early 80's and I can still remember the excitement of touching something that had been on the moon. So my card is a photograph that I altered in Craft Artist. My page was also made in Craft Artist using a digikit made by Digilicious "Red White and Blue".
This journey round the world is challenging but great fun. To see the work of the other travellers look here.
Jen x

10 comments:

  1. Nice card Jen. I remember that moon landing - it was an exciting time for us.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stars and stripes page is awesome, and I think your doing a wonderful job of keeping the characters connected :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great postcard. We had a day off school in Australia to watch it live on the t.v. Lovely travel book page - just perfect.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great U.S. subject! As American as apple pie and cowboys (in space!) Nice stars and stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found my stamp in the craft room, I now see it fell off! Oops!
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great image, a year before I was born so I know very little about it. Awesome that you got to watch it though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and great experience you had, what a special time that was! M

    ReplyDelete
  8. a great card and memories, thanks for sharing.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to commemorate the moon walk! I remember watching it on TV and was totally gobsmacked! I would love to do a trip down Route 66 again, but this time I think I would prefer a comfy car! Valerie

    ReplyDelete